Writing on and Photographing Auroville
While the Auroville website provides extensive material on the various aspects of the project, a personal visit is highly recommended to be able to write or report on Auroville. Only in this way is one able to obtain a somewhat realistic idea of this multi-dimensional experiment. In case a particular field of activity, place or event needs to be highlighted for the article/reportage, OutreachMedia will facilitate it by arranging the contacts and providing necessary permission wherever required.
Having arrived in Auroville, journalists and photographers are requested to meet with us to help us better understand the purpose of their visit and how we can facilitate it. Following the meeting, we can then provide them with a personal OutreachMedia introduction card, which can be shown to any Auroville resident in case requested whilst doing their work.
- The name and symbol of Auroville are protected by the Government of India under the Emblems & Names (Prevention of Improper Use) Act; unauthorised use of the same is subject to legal consequences.
- Due acknowledgement is to be given in the article/story to OutreachMedia or the photographer for any images used.
- Visiting Press and Media are to be aware of the prevailing cultural sensitivities of Auroville’s bio-region and are expected to conduct themselves appropriately towards local people, as well as towards Auroville’s residents.
- Viewpoints of individual Aurovilians do not necessarily represent the views of Auroville in general.
- Auroville is not responsible for any loss or damage to equipment or property of the journalist/photographer during their stay in the township.